Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I tried the Bandanna Technique

I have seen this technique before, on several blogs and even a video that was taped at CHA, (I think). I thought that I would try it and see what I came up with. I found the technique to be totally relaxing, taking me back to the days when I doodled on my notebook in class instead of listening to the teacher or doing my assignment.
I LOVE to DOODLE!!
I started with basic supplies, I think that the technique was originally used with alcohol or other inks. I wanted to try the classic ink and see what happened.

Essentially, I took a sponge dauber and just rubbed ink onto my Very Vanilla card stock. I started with Pink Pirouette, used Royal Rose and Rose Red.

Here I am applying the next ink over the PP.

This is what I ended up with after I sponged the whole piece.

I stamped my image in StazOn.

Then, I started doodling! Outlining the image, coloring in some spaces, and adding dots.

Oh my, this is so pretty!

Here I used Baja Breeze, Kiwi, Kiss, and Pacific Point. I like that, too!

In this picture I did not do any sponging, just stamped my images and then started outlining.

I found out that I really like the looks of this technique on just the regular cardstock. I bet you can find all kinds of neat ways to use this technique!! Stamp on!!

1 comment:

Kandi said...

Hi, I don't know if you'll see this comment since this is an older post, but I was wondering if you could tell me what brand of white pen you are using in this post? I love how white it actually shows up on the paper! Thanks!!