Sunday, September 28, 2008

I love the Inpired by Nature stamp set.

This is called 'pulling pastels'.

A simple techinique that has a lot of WOW! Start with your basic supplies:
• Versamark® Pad
• Stamps
• Cardstock
• Sponge Daubers or other applicators
• Pastels also known as chalks


Rub the sponge dauber (or other applicator) on the pastel color of your choice to pick up the color. Swirl on your dark cardstock.
Here I used black, but really any dark colored cardstock will work. I did this several times and used Night of Navy for the finished card.

Take another dauber and repeat swirling to add another color, until the entire piece is covered as you wish. I used reds and oranges in this picture.

Be careful not to rub too hard or your dauber will look like this It leaves lines, and takes away from the smooth finish you are looking for.Stamp your images with Versamark™ onto cardstock. I stamped my main image first, than stamped the grass after stamping off one time lightly.
Here is one of my finished cards using this technique. Night of Navy, Baja Breeze, and Kiwi Kiss go together very well. I used the Kiwi/Vanilla satin Ribbon, (which is to die for, btw!)The pastels will rub off a bit. You can avoid that by spraying your chalked image caefully with acrylic sealer.

Now you try it!
Stamp on!

No comments: